Combining excellent optical performance with ruggedness, portability, and comfort, the 8x42 Diamondback Binocular from Vortex Optics is ideal to take along on your hiking trips, camping, traveling, or just in case. The specially designed optics feature improved transmission, contrast, and true color using fully multi-coated lenses and phase-corrected roof prisms. With the improved close focus of 5' you will get plenty of focusing range and a sharp focus on faraway scenery as well as close-ups of nearby street signs, monuments' details, or wildlife. The combination of 8x magnification, optimal for jitter-free viewing, and the 42mm objectives offers you a generous 7.5° angle of view that gives you complete images of targets.
The lightweight aluminum housing is purged with argon gas and sealed with o-rings to offer enhanced fogproof and waterproof performance. The short-hinge bridge is reduced in size, compared to previous generations of Diamondbacks, to cut overall weight and to expose more of tubes' surface for easy holding. To ensure that you have a non-slip grip and tuning, the body, oversized focusing ring, diopter ring, and twist-up soft tapered eyecups have rubberized coverings. The focusing knob and the diopter ring also have knurling for easy use even with gloves on. Also included with the binocular are a carry case, neck strap, rainguard, and tethered objective caps.
- Roof prism design
- 8x magnification
- 42mm objectives provide bright images in most lighting conditions
- Fully multi-coated lenses increase transmission, clarity, and brightness
- Phase-corrected prisms improve true color, contrast, and transmission
- 393' linear field of view at 1000 yd
- 5' close focus distance
- Lightweight and durable aluminum body
- Short-hinge bridge cuts weight and exposes more surface for handling
- Adjustable interpupillary distance: 2.2-2.95"
- Slip-resistant rubber armor exterior
- Oversized knurled center focusing wheel
- Textured diopter ring on right eyepiece
- Twist-up soft tapered rubber eyecups
- Water and Fogproof: Argon-purged and o-ring sealed